Developing on AWS helps developers understand how to use the AWS SDK to develop secure and scalable cloud applications. The course provides in-depth knowledge about how to interact with AWS using code and covers key concepts, best practices, and troubleshooting tips.
This course is designed to teach you how to:
Use the AWS SDK to interact with AWS services and develop solutions.
Use Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and Amazon DynamoDB as data stores.
Integrate applications and data by using Amazon Kinesis, AWS Lambda, Amazon Simple Queue Service (Amazon SQS), Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS), and Amazon Simple Workflow Service (Amazon SWF).
Use AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) for service authentication.
Use Web Identity Framework and Amazon Cognito for user authentication.
Use Amazon ElastiCache and Amazon CloudFront to improve application scalability.
Deploy applications by using AWS Elastic Beanstalk and AWS CloudFormation.
Attendees should have the following prerequisites:
Familiarity with AWS services
A working knowledge of Java, C#/.Net, or Python
This course is intended for:
Intermediate-level software developers
Day 1: Building the Foundation
1. Introduction to Developing on AWS
2. Choosing a Data Store
3. Developing Storage Solutions with Amazon S3
4. Developing Flexible NoSQL Solutions with Amazon DynamoDB
Day 2: Connecting Applications and Data with Event-Driven Processing
1. Working with Events
2. Developing Event-Driven Solutions with Amazon Kinesis Stream
3. Developing Event-Driven Solutions with Amazon SWF, Amazon SQS, and Amazon SNS
4. Developing Event-Driven Solutions with AWS Lambda
Day 3: Developing and Deploying Secure, Scalable Applications
1. Developing Secure Applications
2. Caching Information for Scalability
3. Monitoring Your Application and AWS Resources with Amazon CloudWatch
4. Deploying Applications with AWS Elastic Beanstalk and AWS CloudFormation